Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Artist Statement

This portfolio will show what I have done in the last semester. I have taken plenty of pictures and made adjustments to them in Photoshop. My artistic abilities have expanded within the last couple of months in this class. My eyes can see a lot more then they used to and I have learned to appreciate the world of Photography a lot more.
I feel really strong about my portfolio. Even though I just started taking this class I have grown a lot. I would say I have done a good job on photo shop even though I just started learning how to use it.
In this semester I have learned how to cut objects out of there original pictures and past them into others. I have also learned how to bring out colors and contrast in pictures to make them stand out more. I have learned plenty more things on Photoshop but too many to elaborate on. Taking actually photos I have learned how to make a good composition in it, and I’ve also learned how to take macro pictures.
I feel like I was most successful in my lyrics/ haunted Chavez project. I feel like those are the strongest and get a point across. I think I struggled most with my Zombie face. If I had known what I was going to do with all of those pictures I would have taken better pictures.
I have seen improvement in my photo taking in general. I always try to have a good composition even in snapshots. It’s sort of becoming a habit to take good compositional pictures. I have improved on Photoshop as well. I have gotten faster at using the tools and knowing where to go when I need something specific.
So in conclusion, I have learned a lot this year in digital photo. I learned to appreciate photography a lot more and I have a lot more to learn.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I realize that photography and drawing and painting, while all great forms of art, are very different in subtle ways. There is a switch that has to be created in your brain that can change from one to the other. I know, I've had to make one myself. However, I think you have it now. I love seeing the artistic side of you seep into your projects. I wish more of the students had a stronger art background so that we could explore all together the possibility of merging the two together. As it is, I enjoy watching you do it. I really like your Haunted Chavez for that reason- its not that it looks so scary or creepy, but its kind of beautiful in a surreal way.
Keep pushing yourself- I truly enjoy seeing the fruits of your labor.